Buying a ride-on toy for your little ones gives them a new and fun way to explore the world. It also allows them to develop both their confidence and sense of independence. What most parents also love about these ride-on toys is that they keep their kids busy as they do other chores around the house. If you are wondering whether your child is ready for a ride-on toy, continue reading this article to find out. Besides, we will also give you our list of the top models we prefer if you feel it is time to buy them one. These models are great for both outdoor and indoor use. They double as the best gifts you can get children on any special occasion.
What is a ride-on toy?
Well, before we move any further, let’s clear all your doubts about ride-on toys. Just as its name suggests, it is a toy designed for your little one to ride on. Some excellent and typical examples of ride-on toys can include cars, scooters, trains, and tricycles. They are designed for kids of all ages, starting from about nine months.
Are they safe?
Yes. These toys are safe as long as you use them as they are intended. What we mean is that children should use them at a certain age and size. While you may need them to keep your child busy as you do other things, make sure you supervise them from time to time.
When can I buy my baby a ride-on toy?
The market has different models for different ages. There are models designed for babies who are at least nine months old. Don’t forget that babies are different; therefore, some may be ready to use these toys later than others. Anyway, as long as your child is nine months or older, then it is time to let them have fun on these ride-on toys.
Riding toys offer fantastic fun to both adults and kids. The Hauck pedal car riding toy is carefully engineered for the best performance it is a great device to invest in if your love authentic driving experience. It is easy to use as it allows the driver to select the speed. So, it is also safe for anyone to ride. It features a robust design making it ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
This design makes the young riders utilize their time in perfect the art of riding. Through the art of riding, this pedal toy encourages physical activity and builds coordination, endurance, and strength. This ride-on toy features rubber wheels, hand brake, and race-inspired pedals. For sturdiness, it is made of robust powder-coated steel tube. The seat is adjustable and equipped with a padded backrest for enhanced comfort.
Do you want your child to develop strength, endurance, and coordination? The Radio Flyer Scooter offers an easy way to do so. It boasts a convertible design since you can change it from a scooter to ride in a couple of minutes. It features four wheels to allow a more table rolling. This design is useful in building enough confidence if you are a beginner. Also, the handle is adjustable to allow maximum comfort in each riding modes.
When on ride-on mode, this equipment offers plenty of storage space under the seat. It is constructed using heavy-duty steel tubes with a unique weatherproof powder coating. It can accommodate 44.1 lbs. It is perfect for kids at the age of one year to four years. Well, this is not a toy for the kids to pass tie with, but a device that can help them gain great coordination and endurance.
Are you looking for a trick that will delight kids? The Little People ride-on toy is a cool way to do it. It boasts a smart design with a keyboard. So, the kids are supposed to touch the keyboard to hear five marching tunes. Alternatively, you can switch the device into play mode.
With this design, you can create your music by pressing the various musical instruments. Furthermore, it offers five different marching tunes in addition to engine start and revving sounds. It operates on 2AA batteries which are included in the package. The under-seat storage makes it easy to keep your sports gear organized.
The Ezyroller is classic scooter toy which is designed to entertain and last for decades. Thanks to its thoughtful design that uses no pedals. Instead, it features a foot bar which the kid makes easy alternating leg movements to make the device move. So, the kid will not do much but to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Also, it comes with two steel extensions to ensure it grows with your kid. Without the extensions, this ride-on toy is ideal for kids between 4 to 6 years. However, this scooter toy grows with your kid when you add the extensions. Amazingly, even a nine-year kid can comfortably ride this toy when the extensions are engaged. Featuring a rigid steel frame, this scooter is strong to accommodate 150 pounds.
The rugged construction and streamlined design make this a perfect solution for anyone looking for speed and durability. One unique thing about this ride-on toy is that it offers more than one way to drive. It runs on a powerful built-in battery which provides hours of unparalleled fun. Besides, the kids will enjoy experimenting n different driving speeds and styles.
Thanks to the integrated drive system with two fronts and one reverse speed. Well, these are purposely built to provide hours of endless backyard adventures. For comfort, this toy vehicle is equipped with sidebars. The power lock brake system allows safe driving because you can achieve high speeds and still be able to bring your vehicle into a gradual stop.
Kids will also love toy motorcycles. The Best Choice Products Motorcycle Toy is creatively built to allow kids maximum fun without jeopardizing their safety. The three-wheel design makes it easy for new riders to try their mastery. It features a non-toxic plastic body which is also certified by ASTM.
The frame is vibrant red and is decorated with darling stickers, LED lights, integrated music, and more. Well, it also features storage space in the trunk. So, your kids can bring along all sorts of toys to the playing ground. Hence, it is a toy motorcycle that is set to change your kid’s leisure experience. For easy riding, this device has a gear shift switch alongside foot pedal control.
You no longer need to depend on batteries or pedals for kids toy to operate. This Plasmacar is ergonomically and professionally designed to help your kid grow physical skills, endurance, confidence, and coordination. The kid’s only needs to twist, wiggle, or turn to enjoy endless fun. It can reach an exhilarating speed of up to 6 miles per hour. With this design, this plasma car can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Riding this thing is a breeze. You need to prop the foot on the footrest and turn the steering wheel to get maximum enjoyment. The quality of this ride-on toy meets US, Canadian, and European safety standards. The use of premium ABS makes this gadget extremely maneuverable since it is lightweight.
The joy of riding an SUV can be overwhelming for kids. Well, since you want the best for you kids, perhaps you can try out this SUV ride on car. It offers two modes of driving. Well, your kid can drive the vehicle manually, or you can use the remote control to assist your young kid.
Equipped with multi-color LED lights, this ride on the car looks beautiful and will surely impress everyone at the plying ground. It also has a windscreen, headlights, and side mirrors. The agile look of this SUV will make very competitor panic with amazement. Besides, the kid can accompany the ride with great music. Thanks to the provided AUX cord. The real engine sounds also make this ride on car one of the best for kids fun.
Are you looking for the best ride-on toy? Look no further than the four-wheeler ATV from Best Choice products. It is an incredibly safe and exciting ATV to give to your kid as a birthday present. The top speed for this ride-on vehicle is two miles per hour. This slow speed ensures maximum safety.
However, it uses dual-speed motors which are powered by 12 volts rechargeable battery. Plus, it is loaded with realistic features such as music, engine sounds, horn, and beautiful LED headlights. Besides, the treaded tires allow easy rolling on all terrains and enhance convenient change of direction.
This is a powerful performance vehicle which can twist, turn, or glide up to 6 miles per hour. It is an excellent thing for amateurs and professionals since it is stable and offers endless fun. Easy steer design makes maneuvering the Nighthawk hassle-free. Since safety is always a priority, this ride-on toy is equipped with handlebars for control and protection.
The red safety flag increases the rider’s visibility when gliding on the ground. Besides, this ride-on toy offers variable sped control when you push start and stop the pedal. Its compact size and easy assembly allow easy backpacking.
This coaster ride-on toy is ideal for younger kids. It is a great way of keeping them active both in mind and body. It comes with 10-foot long coaster ride on the track. Both items are sturdy to provide long-lasting service. It is ideal for playroom or outdoor use. It features two non- slip steps which lock into place securely into a three-section riding track. The riding car features a high back, footrests, and handrail to ensure secure riding down the track. This car’s truck assembles easily by snapping together without using any tool. The same convenience applies to when dismantling it when unpacking the toys.
The multifunctional design is what puts the Uenjoy kids ride on car among the popular brands. Well, it is designed in a way where kids can choose three driving styles. They can use the steering wheel, gas pedal, or shift lever. Besides, its colorful top lights, headlights and intake grill lights ensure maxim riding fun at night.
The remote control function enables the parents to override the kid’s control. This mechanism adds safety, especially when your kids are involved. Besides, it has an auxiliary input to enable you to listen to music from your phone or other mp3 gadgets.
Here is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to take outdoor fun to the next level. It features FM radio mode which lets kids ride the tractor with maximum delight. It comes with a fully detachable trailer to allow more riding maneuverability. Also, it is equipped with an adjustable seat with flip-up armrest design.
The two-speed function allows you to choose either 2-1/4 or 4-1/2 miles per hour. It also has a reverse gear system as well as automatic braking. The farm tractor wheels make riding this machine a breeze even on rough terrains. Besides, it has a second gear lockout feature which helps the parents to regulate the speed. Well, it operates on a powerful rechargeable 12 volts battery.
These toys are available in different shapes and sizes. The designs are also different, so we understand that it can be hard to settle for a specific model. With this buying, however, we are sure you will be able to pay for a particular model, especially if you consider all these factors.
- Age: It is essential to look at the age recommendation of these ride-on toys before you buy. Some may not be appropriate for babies, while others may not work well for preschoolers. Consider your child’s age and only shop for options that include their age in the recommended age range.
- Size: Aside from checking the age recommendation, you need to make sure the toy is the right size for them. Your little ones should be able to get on and off these toys by themselves. Even as they ride, their feet should touch the floor. If it is car or truck, consider your child’s height so that they can fit comfortably without their knees touching the steering wheel.
- Safety: Your kids are your top priority, so should the toys you buy them. Make sure the ride-on toy you want to buy meets the required safety standards. The toy should, for one be close to the ground and the base broader for maximum stability. If it is a rocking toy. Make sure it has a good grip plus it does not rock too far to the front or back. Test the stability of your child’s ride-on toy first by making sure it does not tip over when you push it from the sides. The brakes on a motorized toy need to be easy to initiate in case of emergencies as well.
- Durability: You don’t want a toy that incurs replacement costs after a few months. Therefore, the durability of the toy should also be top on your priority list. Make sure the ride-on toy is sturdy and made of top quality materials for long term use.
- Adjustability: Children grow fast, so if you do not want to replace the ride-on toy after a few months, make sure it comes with adjustable parts. Check whether the seats and handlebars are adjustable and that the toy grows with your child.
- Balance: Make sure the ride-on toy does not topple over. This is very important as it ensures the safety of your children as they play on it.
- Manual or battery-operated: This is also an important factor you need to consider when shopping around. Some ride-on toys are manual, which means your children have to propel themselves forward with their feet. There are, however, also those toys that are purely battery-operated. These models are more fun and exciting, but they need more supervision and caution as your child rides on them. Neither model is superior over the other; you only need to buy one that meets your specific requirement and budget.
- Price: Speaking of budget, you need to consider the prices of these ride-on toys as well. The market has both expensive and reasonably priced toys, so you need to know how much you are willing to spend on one toy. Your budget helps narrow down your options to more affordable models that you can buy.
- Push handle: While not all ride-on toys have this feature, a decent number of them do. This is a handle that is attached to the back and extends to where you can push your child around in the toy. These push-handles also let your child push the toy when they do not want to ride on it.
- Additional features: All these ride-on toys have different other features, which include teaching numbers, letters, and a lot more. Some also come with unique accessories like tracks if you buy a train ride-on toy. You can also look at these additional features and make sure your child will love them when you buy any ride-on toy.
- Design: Don’t forget to look at the overall design of these ride-on toys before you buy them. Children enjoy toys that are fun and colorful. Make sure you choose a specif design that you know your child will never want to get off.
There are numerous benefits of ride-on toys that you should take advantage of. We have only mentioned but a few of the above, but we hope they are enough to encourage you to buy these toys for your little ones. There are a lot of options available on the market for you, but we only included some of the models we found to be the best when it comes to their overall performance.
- 13. Hauck Lightning Pedal Go Karride on toys
- 12. Radio Flyer Scoot 2 Scooter Ride On
- 11. Little People Fisher-Price Music Parade Ride-On
- 10. Ezyroller Ride On Toy – New Twist On A Classic Scooter
- 9. Power Wheels Dune Racer, Green
- 8. Best Choice Products Kids Ride
- 7. The Original PlasmaCar by PlaSmart
- 6. Best Choice Products SUV Ride-On Car
- 5. Best Choice Products 4-Wheeler Quad ATV Ride-On Toy
- 4. Rollplay 12-Volt Nighthawk Ride On Toy
- 3. Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Ride On
- 2. Uenjoy Kids Ride on Cars
- 1. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer