Studio photography requires an array of accessories to help you get the most of your pictures. These include things like backgrounds, copylights, rail systems, and much more. Even though your camera is an essential tool you need, other items like the right backdrop stand come to play when you want to take the best photographs. If you are a pro photographer or you want to set your studio, you need to understand the importance of buying the best backdrop stand on the market.
These stands make it easy to hang and use backdrops, in turn, improving the overall quality of your pictures. Are you shopping for the best model on the market? We have reviewed some of the best backdrop stands to help you make the right buying decision depending on your particular needs.
11 Best Backdrop Stands You can buy in 2020
How do you plan to take your photography skills higher without the best backdrop stand? If you’re a professional photographer, the OnlineEEI Premier Backdrop kit is made for you. It features a professional and eye-catching design that can effortlessly pull together any theme. Due to its unique design, you can easily transform any room into a special setting for parties, business, and special occasions.
Besides, it offers a generous coverage of 8 to 10 feet of floor space and more than 7 feet in height. Moreover, the pipe and drape kit breaks down to allow hassle-free storage and portability. All the necessary hardware is included to make the installation almost effortless.
While looking for the best backdrop stand, you’ve to look at the collapsibility. This aspect is important for a photographer who is always on the move. This same feature has to go hand in hand with easy setup. However, the Limostudio backdrop stand qualifies in all these considerations. It features telescoping rods that allow quick adjustment of the height.
In this regard, you are going to enjoy a minimum of 3.5 feet and a maximum height of 8.5 feet. Equally, this stand is sturdy and stable. Thanks to the unique design that features three built-in safety locks and knobs for maximum stability. For maximum stability, it includes a premium quality sandbag. For excellent stabilization of the backdrop muslin, this equipment offers a clamp and string clip.
If you are looking for the best backdrop stand in terms of rigidity, you will accept the Linco Lincostore backdrop stand. It boasts a die-cast steel construction. This design provides maximum stability for any background. One unique aspect is that the stand feature three leg segment and four-segment design. This is a unique adjustment system that also uses quick single action locks.
Well, you will enjoy the fast and precise height adjustment due to these features. Moreover, the width is also adjustable as this stand features a crossbar with sections. The whole resulting structure is rigid but lightweight. With this amazing design, it is great for portrait, costume, and large object photography.
This backdrop By Fancierstudio is one of the best-rated backdrops stand. It is spacious as it features 10 feet width and 8 feet height. It comes as a kit that also includes a carrying case. It also features solid and lightweight tripod made of aluminum. The three-leg stages allow precise height adjustment. The minimum height is 3.5, while the maximum is 8.5. For the width, the minimum is 4.4 feet, and the maximum is 10 feet.
Due to its rigid design, it will hold paper, canvas, muslin, and other fabrics. However, it is recommended that the stand should be secured with gaffer tape. You can as well use sandbags. It is easy to install and collapse. Its lightweight design makes it more versatile. So, this is a heavy-duty backdrop stand ideal for small, medium, and large photography projects.
Ease of use and set up are the key aspects that make the Emart photo backdrop stand one of the best. It boasts tool-free installation as it features two heavy-duty clamps t hold the canvas, muslin or paper. The clamp system is spring-loaded to make the installation almost effortless. It is perfect for outdoor video and photo shooting.
As well, it is excellent for home and studio shooting. The kit also includes a heavy-duty carry bag for hassle-free transportation from studio to the field and vice versa. Due to its heavy-duty aluminum construction, it is durable, lightweight, and robust. Furthermore, the minimum height is 3.5, and the maximum is 10 feet. It features four inserted crossbars, and the width is also adjustable.
Are you looking for the best backdrop stand for your photo studio or a conventions photo booth? The Julius Studio backdrop stand is designed for all photo shooting situations. It is lightweight and sturdy to ensure it meets the needs of performance, function, and portability. It is strong and can firmly hold up to 30 lbs. The height and width adjustability is remarkable.
The maximum height is 8.5 feet while widths maximum is 10 feet. Well, this means that t can handle different backdrop sizes depending on the size of the project. Also, this backdrop systems assembly is a breeze. The same applies to when it comes to folding it down once you’re done with your photo project. With four interlocking crossbars, two stands and carry bag, this comes as a complete kit to take your photo shooting skills to the highest level.
Having the best background stand can create a major difference in terms of the quality of the pictures you make. There is no doubt that AW adjustable background stand is classic. Unlike others made of aluminum, this features durable steel alloy construction. The minimum height is 2-2/5 ft while the maximum extended height is 6-1/2 ft. The crossbar adjustment is also great. The adjustment ranges from 5 feet to 10 feet.
This structure also promises great stability. Thanks to the use of extra-wide footprints which possesses rubber tips. It is stable even on unstable grounds or slippery floors. Besides, height adjustment is a snap as the system features ergonomic locks. It also includes two background claps which can clamp a maximum of two inches thickness. This stand is also lightweight and allows you to choose the best lighting position.
This product comes as a complete kit to get the backdrop in a perfect position. It includes two pieces of adjustable crossbars, two light stands, four heavy-duty spring clamps, two sandbags, and a carry bag. So, you are ready to experiment with different shooting angles for the best results. It includes a lightweight pipe and drape support stand, which is ideal for a family gathering, party, wedding, business photography, etc.
It is fully adjustable having maximum height as 7 feet while the width is adjustable up to 10 feet. It installs and folds down in a matter of seconds. Besides, it is great for paper, muslin, c, and canvas. Moreover, it has four spring clamps to hold the backdrops and prevent slippage. The included sandbags are for keeping this stand secure.
Here is still another remarkably designed backdrop stand by Emart. You will adore its super simple set up either indoors or outdoors. The system features a telescoping crossbar which is width adjustable from 5 feet to 10 feet. It features a premium alloy construction. Hence, it is lightweight and extremely strong.
Also, it is weatherproof and folds down easily to allow hassle-free transportability. The included sandbags are important in stabilizing this background stand on all grounds. The height of this backdrop stand adjusts from 3.3 feet to 8.5 feet. Thus, it provides many ways of configuring it to meet your photo shooting objectives. Also, this stands features integrated backdrop clip holders. It is ideal for muslin, paper, and canvas backdrops.
Portability and durability are two main aspects of making this Mountdogs product one of the best. It is a uniquely engineered photography backdrop stand. It features 1.3 inches diameter tube to make it more sturdy and durable. So, it is ideal for use at the studio, home, or outdoor studio.
Featuring aluminum alloy construction, it is incredibly stable even under outdoor use. The stand’s height adjusts from 2.7 feet to 6.5 feet while the width ranges from 5 feet to 10 feet. The telescoping design of the crossbar and the stand ensure precise width and height adjustments. So, it can work with different backdrops.
Well, this stand boasts a maximum load capacity of 25 lbs. Thus, it can support the canvas and large backdrops. It comes with a portable carry bag made of premium nylon material. This bag features sturdy zippers to allow durability, easy transportation, and convenient access.
At number one of our review, we consider Julius Studio Photo Video Studio Stand as the best. It is boasts of premium aluminum alloy material. This design makes it durable, lightweight, and stylish. It boasts reinforced legs for additional stability. For extra safety, the stands feature unique safety locks. The single-action lock ensures safe handling of the stand so that your photo or video shooting is flawless. The maximum adjustable height is 7.5 feet. The width as well adjusts from 5.3 feet to 10 feet. This design provides amazing flexibility for all your shooting strategies. It is lightweight and sturdy backdrop support that works with canvas, paper, and muslin backdrops. Also, it comes with two sandbags for keeping it rigid and stable even in rough outdoor situations.
Should I buy a backdrop stand?
As a novice photographer, you probably don’t have enough money to invest in all these equipment except for a camera, lenses, and memory cards. Think of it this way though, having these important accessories like a backdrop and backdrop stand helps you produce the best quality pictures. This, in turn, paints you out as the skilled professional that you are. If you do not want a background that is too distracting, then you need to invest in a backdrop. The best way to set up your backdrop is by having additional accessories like a backdrop stand.
What are your options?
Well, the market is full of tons of backdrop stands each claiming to be superior over the other. We have only mentioned a few of them to help you make the right buying decision. However, if you are looking for the right models, we advise you to consider looking at our buying guide. This will help you to find out what you want in the best model to settle for something you need. While all of these products serve the same purpose, each one of them stands out for having different features and material quality.
Buying guide for backdrop stands
Regardless of your skill level in photography, having the best backdrop stand plays a major role in how your pictures turn out to be. With the tips below, we hope that you will be able to find the right product for your particular needs.
- Material: The material is an important consideration when it comes to buying a backdrop stand. Their quality helps determine the overall weight, strength, and its ability to support the backdrops. Most of these models are made of aluminum alloy. Steel or other metals. We prefer the aluminum stands because they are lightweight.
- Adjustability: It is also crucial to check the adjustability of these stands before making a final decision. You may either need a large or small stand depending on the room size. Most of the stands available on the market are however flexible so you can use them in any room size. Make sure the backdrop stand you go for can adjust to your preferred level whenever you want.
- Stability: You don’t want a stand the wobbles or topples over due to the weight of the backdrop. Therefore, make sure you consider the stability of the stand before buying. A model with broad feet can be a good buy because this means it can effectively support even heavier backdrops. Furthermore, you can also consider models that come with additional stabilizing accessories like sandbags or those models that have adjustable feet.
- Type: As you now know, the market has a variety of these models that differ in styles. You need to choose a specific model depending on your needs or skill level. You can choose between starters, pro or multiple pole vault models among others to make sure you have the right one.
- Locking mechanism: You also want to look out for the bar’s locking mechanism before making a final decision. Most of these models have wingnuts or clamping systems to keep the bars in place. Make sure you buy a model that has a locking mechanism as this prevents the bar from dislodging.
- Price: These models are also available at different prices, so you need to make sure you have this in mind. While you may be tempted to go for the less expensive models available, we advise you to look at the overall quality of the backdrop stand before making a purchase. The best thing you can do is to have a budget in place and make sure you stick to it. Besides, having a budget narrows down your options to something more affordable that still meets your particular needs.
- Durability: You also need to invest in a durable model that assures you years of frequent use. As a professional photographer, you want something that will last for a long time without replacement. Make sure the model you go for is made of high-quality material for superior performance.
- 11. OnlineEEI Premier Pipe and Drape Backdrop Kit
- 10. LimoStudio AGG2612 Background Muslin Stand
- 9. Linco Lincostore Photography Photo Backdrop Stand
- 8. Fancierstudio Background Stand Backdrop Support
- 7. Emart Photo Video Studio Backdrop Stand
- 6. Julius Studio Photo Adjustable Muslin Background Backdrop
- 5. AW 10ft Adjustable Photography Background Support Stand
- 4. Emart Photo Video Studio Background Stand-10Ft Adjustable
- 3. Emart Photo Backdrop Stand-8.5 x 10 ft
- 2. MOUNTDOG Photography Backdrop Support System-6.5ftx10ft
- 1. Julius Studio Photo Video Studio Stand